When it comes to makeup for a formal occasion like a wedding or event – I always choose to do my own. I feel way more comfortable when I do it myself, and luckily have been able to master a formal makeup look that is natural, yet elevated. If you’ve been following my blog for a while – you know that I rarely wear lipstick. I opt for a nude lipgloss or no color at all. When Clé de Peau Beauté sent me one of their new lipsticks in this dreamy pink/nude color called Silk Scroll, I couldn’t resist trying it. It’s literally the prettiest pinkish, tan shade and instantly made my lips pop. I knew this would be the perfect color to wear to my childhood friend’s wedding in Positano. The bride, Annie (also a fellow blogger and entrepreneur) and I met in preschool believe it or not! She is the sweetest human inside and out and even more obsessed with makeup then I am! I am always looking to her for makeup/beauty suggestions. Her husband is just as kind and down to earth as she is – and their intimate wedding of 60 people – just tight knit friends and family – was a true reflection of their love for one another. The wedding was a dream – set in a private villa turned hotel on a cliff that overlooked Positano. You may have seen pictures on my Instagram! I couldn’t help crying my eyes out as they read their vows to each other – and even now thinking back to that moment and that night I get emotional. I’m so grateful to have forever friends like Annie and to be able to celebrate such special moments in such a magical setting.
It’s amazing how the right makeup look – or even just one beauty item, like a gorgeous new lipstick, can give you that extra confidence and pep in your step to really radiate in those moments. I received compliments and questions throughout the entire night and on Instagram from so many of you after the wedding, so I wanted to list all of the products I used here! I tested out my full wedding look – complete with my bridesmaid dress, accessories, hair, and makeup a few days before the wedding to ensure everything was just right. I used all of Clé de Peau Beauté’s skin products (their cleansing foam is amazing!) and finished with two coats of Silk Scroll. I can attest that the lipstick really did last for 8 hours – and better yet, the semi-matte finish looked stunning in person and in the photos. I was so happy with my entire look and loved that I looked as radiant and joyful as I felt when celebrating my sweet friend. I’ve been wearing Silk Scroll regularly ever since and love their selection of reds and deep berry shades for fall. If you’re looking for that perfect special event make up look, I’ve put together my step by step guide to achieve that beautiful glow.
- For clear, radiant skin, I love the cleansing foam. Add a little bit of water to create a soft foam that’s easy on the skin.
- Gently work the cleanser into a lather in circular motions and rinse to start with a clean slate.
- After moisturizing, apply concealer to the desired areas. I use this under eye miracle working concealer with SPF 25. Gently blend under and around the eyes – I like to use my fingers!
- Once you’ve completed your look, finish it off with a swipe of Silk Scroll – my current favorite lipstick. Apply directly to lips for an even layer of long-lasting moisture for 4 hours AND long lasting coverage for up to 8!
- At the end of the night, rinse and repeat with the foaming cleanser and apply their super luxurious night cream for intense moisture. Smooth it slowly over the face right before bed.